Saturday, 27 February 2016

A year after EARC...

I met Passion at East Asia Regional Conference (EARC) 2014, organized by IFES, held in PD Methodist Centre. EARC is the largest conference I've attended so far with about 700 delegates from various East Asian countries. Passion is bubbly and friendly. We just clicked and we were in the same outing group. During the conference, she invited me and Yi Yeen to visit her at Taiwan. To keep my long background story short, the point is, I don't get to go overseas just like that, so in the back of my mind, I hope that one day will come. 

Fast forward, in year 2015, yes I know I applied for summer exchange program (I left the choice of country blank in the form) but to actually get it, to go to Taiwan for the first time felt surreal. I immediately contacted Passion once my application was confirmed. She's in Changhua, which isn't too far from my uni in Taiwan, Asia University. I stayed over at her place twice, once over my 1st weekend in Taiwan, followed her to church cell group, and another time before I go back to Malaysia. I'm glad to spend short yet precious time with her, reminiscing, catching up and counting God's blessings. 

Exploring Changhua county on her scooter :)




Dinner with her on my 2nd last night in Taiwan

10th December 2015.
I was a volunteer for ASEAN International Chopin Piano Competition held in University of Malaya, my alma mater. Most of the time, I'm at the counter, helping the contestants or parents to arrange the bookings for practice rooms. I decided to go in the hall and watch the competition when one particular category was held. I went in the theater just in time for the competition and I quickly sat at the empty seat between my friend and a stranger. After the competition, we went out to the foyer and I saw someone familiar. Of course I wasn't sure so I went on his FB profile. Still wasn't sure if I should just go up to him and say Hi so I gathered up my courage and FB msg.ed him LOL. Yes, it was indeed Krit! Krit is from Thailand. We met during EARC 2014 as well, casually chatted but didn't keep in touch since. He's in Malaysia for a day to support his students at the competition. And we found out that we sat beside each other during the competition but had no clue then! Called up Tim, who was in the same small group as Krit during EARC, to meet Krit at Experimental Theater. Blessed by Krit's sharing on his music journey (he is doing his PhD in music!) and his involvement in church ministries.

God's divine appointment :)


Hope to see them again, somewhere, in God's time. 

Thanks for reading. God bless you!